Use data to adapt instruction.
Immediately identify students who are struggling and provide them with support to build a strong foundation in literacy. Burst:Reading analyzes data to adapt literacy intervention to student needs every 10 days.
How it works
Generate small groups and target intervention for each group in just a click, with a high-tech, human-touch solution that provides engaging instructional content and activities to bring the lessons to life. With Burst:Reading you can:
- Quickly analyze assessment and progress-monitoring data.
- Create and customize skills-based intervention groups.
- Download short bursts of instruction for each group.
- Adapt lessons to the skill, pace and style needed for each student.
Burst: Reading is available through per-student licenses and includes:
- A Web-based software application.
- Self-service enrollment and rostering.
- Secure data hosting and management.
- A materials kit for targeted intervention.
- Implementation and product training
- Unlimited technical and instructional support
Burst:Reading follows a skills-based model that reflects the National Reading Panel’s thinking on literacy. It uses research-derived patterns that have proved highly predictive of later success in aligning intervention to student needs.
High-tech, human touch
Burst:Reading materials draw from the experiences of highly effective teachers, coaches and literary researchers, and incorporate games and activities to keep students highly engaged.
Choose your device.
mCLASS is compatible with the most common mobile touch devices, using a supported browser.
Burst:Reading is designed for Microsoft Windows, Apple and Android touch-screen devices, using Chrome™ and Safari® Web browsers.
Accounts are set up and managed through a secure connection, and mCLASS apps are automatically downloaded when teachers connect to the Internet and log in.
An Internet connection is not necessary to conduct assessments in the classroom. Data is stored locally in the browser until high-speed Internet or Wi-Fi connectivity is available. Once connected, teachers can save data to our secure servers.
La Veta School District, Colorado
Because Burst:Reading is so targeted, we’ve seen student performance improve much faster than we used to. It also increased the efficiency and effectiveness of our teachers.