Use data to adapt instruction.
Automatically group struggling readers by need, and provide them with support to build a strong foundation in literacy. Burst:Reading adapts intervention to students’ needs every 10 days, providing the right instruction at the right time.
Generate small groups and target intervention for each group in just a click, with a research-based, instructor-led solution that provides engaging instructional content and activities to bring the lessons to life. With Burst:Reading you can:
- Create and customize skills-based intervention groups.
- Track students’ progress with built-in diagnostics and progress-monitoring assessments.
- Adapt lessons to the skill, pace and style needed for each student’s individual needs.
See Burst:Reading in action.
Take a guided tour of Burst:Reading software to see detailed steps in the intervention.
- Powerful software algorithm that analyzes assessment data and homogeneously groups students based on where they are in the reading skills progression
- Lesson builder that automatically assembles detailed lessons that target the skills each group is ready to learn.
- Kit materials and a digital card app to streamline lesson prep.
- A practice app with games students play to improve their automaticity on the skills they’ve been taught by their interventionist.
- Standardized diagnostic probes for progress monitoring.
- Analytical reporting to oversee students’ progress throughout the year.
- Live webinars, embedded support, and educator help desk to help with fidelity and use.
Burst:Reading uses research-derived patterns that have proven highly predictive of later success in aligning intervention to student needs. In a study awarded by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES), Amplify, in partnership with the University of Michigan, found that K-2 students in Burst:Reading grew by up to 8 student growth percentile points more in early literacy skills than similar peers who were not enrolled in Burst:Reading.
Burst:Reading materials draw from the experiences of highly effective teachers, coaches and literary researchers, and incorporate games and activities to keep students highly engaged.
Choose your device.
mCLASS is compatible with the most common mobile touch devices, using a supported browser.
Burst:Reading is designed for Microsoft Windows, Apple and Android touch-screen devices, using Chrome™ and Safari® Web browsers.
Accounts are set up and managed through a secure connection, and mCLASS apps are automatically downloaded when teachers connect to the Internet and log in.
An Internet connection is not necessary to conduct assessments in the classroom. Data is stored locally in the browser until high-speed Internet or Wi-Fi connectivity is available. Once connected, teachers can save data to our secure servers.
La Veta School District, Colorado
Because Burst:Reading is so targeted, we’ve seen student performance improve much faster than we used to. It also increased the efficiency and effectiveness of our teachers.