Early Literacy Assessment Tool
Early Literacy Assessment Tool
Amplify is proud to partner with CDE and CO districts to continue providing the Early Literacy Assessment Tool on our platform. Schools that choose to participate in ELAT on our platform receive the following tools and supports:
- mCLASS:DIBELS Next: CDE approved interim assessment
- mCLASS:IDEL: CDE approved interim assessment in Spanish
- mCLASS:DIBELS Deep: CDE approved diagnostic measure
- Valuable instructional supports for teachers: Student- and class-level reporting, instruction tab: quick links to specific and targeted activities that correspond to identified student skill gaps, easy grouping tool to form small groups based on similar instructional needs
- Connection to Parents
- Home Connect letter to provide parents that explains student progress and activities that can be done at home. Letters are available in English and Spanish.
- Parent website that includes parent friendly explanations of early literacy skills and provides many activities for them to engage with their child. The entire site is available in English and Spanish.
- Early literacy skill practice for students through the Boost app
- Professional development resources
- Quality customer care M-F 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Not sure where to start accessing mCLASS data? Check out the new mCLASS Tips and Tricks.
New Product Enhancements for 2018-2019!
- Boost practice app: Provides early literacy skill practice at school or at home!
- mCLASS Instruction tab: Easy reference to student skill gaps, groups, and activities.
- mCLASS Home Connect parent website
On Demand Professional Development Resources for the beginning of the year:
- Tips and Tricks for Teacher Reports helps teachers get the most out of your beginning of year benchmark data
- Reporting and Analysis Suite Tutorial walks building and instructional leaders through the different ways to access aggregate level data.
- Foundations of DIBELS Next includes detailed information on the purpose of DIBELS Next, how measures link to early literacy skills, and ways DIBELS Next informs instruction.
Office Hours: CDE and Amplify are pleased to introduce another support for ELAT schools. Office Hours are designed to be short instructional webinars on specific topics. We invite you to join! CDE will send an email to all program contacts prior to the event with details on joining.
- Introduction to Pathways of Progress: Sept. 20, 2018
- Required ELAT Demographics: Oct. 16, 2018
- Using Pathways of Progress after Middle of Year
- Making Year-end adjustments with Pathway of Progress: May 7th at 3:30 MST
Introduction to Pathways of Progress: Sept. 20, 2018
Using Pathways of Progress after Middle of Year: Jan. 10, 2019
2019-20 Benchmark Windows
BOY – 1st 30/60 days of school
Kindergarten consideration: Through a provision in HB15-1323 you may choose to use up to 60 calendar days for initial benchmarking. However, we would encourage districts to continue with best practice by benchmarking and providing support within the first 30 days. Completion of your READ BOY assessment within the 60 calendar days will inform the literacy component of your readiness assessment.
MOY – Either December 2nd – 20th OR January 6th – 24th
(**Please note your dates need to be prior to the Holiday break OR after the Holiday break.)
EOY – April 27th – May 15th
In March, we will be sending out a registration form for you to set your windows with Amplify.
DIBELS Next and IDEL Resources
DIBELS Next Resources
- DIBELS Next Measures mapped to Early Literacy Skills
- DIBELS Next – Benchmark Categories including the Above Benchmark (used with the permission of Dynamic Measurement Group)
- DIBELS Next Reminders – Reminders by each measure
- DIBELS Next Scoring Rules – Rules for each measure
- DIBELS Next Pronunciation Guide
- DIBELS Next – Composite worksheets – Learn what makes up the composite at each grade level and time of year
- DIBELS Next Integrity Worksheets – Do you have good assessment practices in place? Are you assessing to fidelity with each measure? Use these checklists to ensure fidelity to the assessment
mCLASS:IDEL Training Video – This is a recorded webinar from a live training presented in August 2018. The audience for this training is teachers administering IDEL to students (and would need to be fluent Spanish speakers).
DIBELS Deep Resources
- DIBELS Deep- Manually adding staff to class to allow multiple users to access DEEP results
- CDE has worked with the Dynamic Measurement Group to provide an in-depth DIBELS Deep training for ELAT schools. The materials are accessible on the mCLASS website website.
1. Log in to www.mclasshome.com and click the ‘Notices’ icon.
2. Locate the notice for Colorado DIBELS Deep Training Modules.
Teacher Reports and Student-Level Data
ELAT Virtual Learning: Teacher Reports
Make sure you know how to access the rich data on the teacher facing side of mCLASS. We will review which reports are available, how to navigate through the reports, what data is available after BOY and what questions can be answered through these reports. Segments are short in length and designed with the teacher and interventionist in mind.
- Which reports are available to teachers in mCLASS? : 12:00 minutes in length
- How to effectively navigate through teacher reports: 9:00 minutes in length
- What data is available through teacher reports?: 6:30 minutes in length
- What question do the teacher reports answer?: 22:32 minutes in length
- Small-Group Advisor: 16:46 minutes in length
- Item-Level Advisor: 8:55 minutes in length
Reports for Instructional Leaders
Amplify Instructional Leader Resources
- Data Decision Making at BOY, MOY
- DIBELS Deep for Instructional Leaders
- Progress Monitoring for Instructional Leaders
- New to ELAT?
- Introduction to the Reporting and Analysis Suite: A review of the basic reports in the reporting and analysis suite on mCLASS. Learn how to navigate aggregate reports that are available to user with system level access.
- Resources for Year 1 Instructional Leaders
ELAT Progress Monitoring Guidance
- Students scoring in the Well Below Benchmark Range: every 7-10 days
- Students scoring in the Below Benchmark Range: every 10-12 days
ELAT Virtual Learning: Progress Monitoring
Effective Progress Monitoring for Teachers
Class objectives include:
- How to decide what measure to progress monitor beyond what is recommended by the tool
- How to know if an intervention is working and considerations when changes need to be made
- How do progress monitoring and DIBELS Deep works together
Module 1: Introduction to Progress Monitoring – 6:55 minutes
Module 2: Case Studies: Owen and Abashani – 18:00 minutes
Module 3: Case Study: Sally – 13:05 minutes
Module 4: Progress Monitoring and DIBELS Deep – 9:04 minutes