Make language arts an adventure.
Enter The World of Lexica™ for an immersive 3-D experience researched and designed to strengthen grammar, spelling, vocabulary and writing with embedded ELA games that inspire students to play in their free time.
The World of Lexica™
There are two seasons of The World of Lexica—Lexica: Unbound and Lexica: The Seeker. In both seasons, players explore a vast game world, which includes a virtual library, through new activities that arrive over the course of the school year. Voluntary reading is a central element of the experience. We included an English/Spanish toggle in Lexica: Unbound to help ELL students. The World of Lexica motivates students to read books independently, as well as play embedded ELA games.
- Bolster specific skills related to reading, such as spelling, syntax, and vocabulary.
- Increase the amount of time students spend reading challenging material outside the classroom.
- Develop stronger reading behaviors and habits.
- Build stronger writing skills, including revising, editing and critiquing.
Offering more than 600 books, our digital library enables students to browse and discover a variety of classic and contemporary books and authors.
Students can read the books on their devices even when they don’t have an Internet connection, and can add their own notes, highlights and bookmarks to personalize their reading experience.
Using assets from the World of Lexica, players can create interactive stories using writing supports that help them develop plot, dialogue and character. They can share what they create with their classmates.
- Develop planning, authoring, revising and critiquing skills for narrative writing.
Players are brought to a warped house that was overtaken by an evil trickster. Only they can save their captive family by solving vocabulary-based puzzles and obstacles as they explore the mysteries within.
- Build vocabulary through context clues and solving puzzles.
Words are players’ weapons as they battle zombies, goblins and other unsavory creatures. Journey through whimsical environments collecting cool gear and delivering taunts using the words you spell.
- Practice spelling and expand vocabulary through exposure to words in context.
In this syntax game set on an archaeological dig, players match bones containing subjects and predicates to form complete sentences.
- Build mastery of subject/verb agreement
Ready to learn more?
Touch Press Games are available to purchase via Amplify. For more information, get in touch.