The power of understanding every student
Every student is an individual. Based on over 30 years of research, mCLASS is the gold-standard assessment and instructional suite for early literacy that helps every child learn to read confidently.Explore
What educators say
“With mCLASS, the focus is on instruction. Teams work together to collaborate and share ideas and get excited about using each other’s ideas. And students are involved in looking at their own data too—they are involved in their own plan for growth.”
What educators say
“There is no time to waste in a teacher’s day, and mCLASS is a quick and accurate assessment of a student’s reading strengths and weaknesses.”
What educators say
“The reports are invaluable. One-click reports are useful and make it easy. I’m able to make adjustments and focus on the at-risk students in need—at the moment of need.”
Based on decades of leading literacy research
We partner with experts at the University of Oregon’s Center on Teaching and Learning—the creators of DIBELS (Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills)—to bring you the latest version of the widely used and proven DIBELS assessment on a powerful mobile platform.
We're making an impact
mCLASS provides proven early literacy diagnostic and progress-monitoring assessments for grades K–6. Its ecosystem of early literacy resources work together seamlessly to target skill gaps and provide the right instruction at the right time.
Blended assessment administration options allow you to choose the research-based method that’s best for each student’s needs.
- Observational assessment with instant feedback
- Online assessment when developmentally appropriate
Comprehensive literacy assessment
mCLASS provides benchmark assessments and ongoing progress monitoring to comprehensively support each student’s literacy development.
- Foundational skills assessments
- Comprehension assessments
- Dyslexia screening assessments
DIBELS 8th Edition
Authored by researchers at the University of Oregon, DIBELS 8th Edition provides efficient, reliable early reading measures with advanced test design that prevents overtesting. DIBELS 8th Edition measures:
- Phonemic awareness
Text Reading and Comprehension
Track your students’ reading progress from every angle with Text Reading and Comprehension (TRC) assessment. It builds on the DIBELS 8th Edition assessment to record reading behaviors through running digital records. It measures reading comprehension, helps determine student reading levels, and provides insight into how each student finds meaning in text. Measures include:
- Reading Fluency, Accuracy and Comprehension
- Concepts about Print
- Reading Behaviors
- Oral Comprehension
- Written Comprehension
Early Literacy Measures
mCLASS Early Literacy Measures (ELM) provide additional screening for risk of dyslexia in students in grades K–3 through subtests that help identify early warning signs of reading difficulty. Measures include:
- Rapid Automatized Naming (RAN)
Targeted, teacher-led instruction
mCLASS provides the right instructional materials to reach every student. You’ll get effective resources and lessons for whole class, small-group, and one-on-one instruction.
- Lesson plans for whole class, small-group, and one-on-one instruction
- Small-group advisor, which organizes students into groups based on strengths and gaps
- Item-level advisor, which drills deep into student responses to uncover patterns, strengths, and gaps
- Instructional resources for each student’s parent/guardian(s)
Engaging adaptive curriculum
mCLASS data powers Amplify Reading, a digital supplemental early literacy program that helps students practice, master, and transfer skills—and delivers out-of-this-world engagement.
- Adaptive personalized learning curriculum
- 40+ games that build foundational skills
- Automatic placement with mCLASS data
- eReader with fiction and nonfiction texts
- Data and insights to further support students
Intuitive reports help you quickly use data to differentiate for each student, so you can get back to doing what you love—connecting with your students.
- Skill-based reporting view for each student
- Real-time growth reports for each student
- Class summary reports
- School and district reports
- Parent and guardian reports
Explore more programs
Our programs are designed to support and complement one another. Learn more about our related programs.
Using a fundamentally different approach to teaching reading, Amplify Core Knowl...
mCLASS: Amplify Reading Edition
Introducing mCLASS, Amplify Reading Edition, an adaptive assessment and instruct...
Amplify Reading: K–2 Edition
A supplemental K–2 reading program that students can’t wait to play every day.